Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Post

Hello new blog :)
I'm pretty excited to have yet another blog on my plate. As a firm believer in 'One Can Never Have Too Many Outlets' and 'Who Needs a Journal When You Have the Internet' I couldn't be more excited.




Q: What are the biggest influences in your life? What are your goals/purposes in life?

A: I don't think I've ever had any big influences on my life. I would guess that a lot of people would choose their parents? Maybe a teacher? There hasn't been any person that has inspired me to do something, or to be someone. I look at everyone in my life from an observational view. I love people watching. No one person is the same, they don't walk the same, the don't dress the same. Some fidget while they talk, others are motionless. There's the hand holding. The secret glances exchanged when they think the rest aren't looking. You notice a lot with music in your ears, a bag of chips (preferably Lay's) in your hands, just sitting; watching people.
I think in someway every person that enters my life has influenced me somehow. The simple act of kindness, or when someone shares something personal with you, that makes a big difference.
A strange influence on my life has been the entertainment world. I have had the honor to meet some amazing people, and the rare opportunities to 'stalk' others. They dreamed big. They reached their goals. I think that's pretty phenomenal. Grey's Anatomy has also played a big part in my life. In 2005 the medical drama was created and from day one I was hooked. The actors who played doctors? They were fearless, they were all different, and they were doing good. Not too far after, I watched an open heart surgery with my mother at a hospital. As soon as the doctors two hands reached in and pulled the heart out of the chest cavity, I knew. That's going to be me. Ever since, I've been reaching that goal.
I'm going to be a doctor. I inspired that in myself. I am the driving force in my life, as we are all in our own lives. We are our own inspiration and we have to dream big.

2 comments:

  1. Love Grey's! It it changed my life too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this interesting as many things, as well as, people have influenced my life, from television shows to music to movies even. Although for vastly different reasons, Grey's Anatomy has also put a mark on my life that I've carried since the beginning, which I'm sure will stay firmly in place well into my future even after its final air date. It's quite refreshing to become aware of others who share in common fixations, practices and experiences that one would generally believe, albeit irrationally, that their lone self is the only person in the entire world who could possibly be driven by them.

    ReplyDelete